In 1889, the former Prussian cadastral officer Herrmann Robert Reiss in Liebenwerda, in addition to running a mail order shop for surveyors and households, began producing poles and, in collaboration with Maibuhr & Hentschel, other geodetic tools. In 1896, the company Technisches Versandgeschäft R. Reiss was established. It became a major manufacturer of geodetic and drawing instruments and tools. After 1949, the production of geodetic measuring instruments was terminated. The R. Reiss company was producing the well-known polar planimeters, drawing instruments, slide rules, stand and table drawing boards and gradually began to specialize in the current production of office furniture.
From 1882, the F. Weinland company was operating in Liebenwerda with a similar range of common geodetic instruments (theodolites, levelling instruments, plane tables) and tools (protractor heads, prisms). The company also offered drafting tables, tracing paper, etc.
In the 1920s, the Gebrüder Schneider company advertised in the German trade press production of wooden measuring tools in Liebenwerda - poles, land measuring and levelling rods, parasols.